I’m sure you’re wondering what I wore yesterday? And if I’m grateful for anything today? Have you? Well, since I forgot to post what I wore yesterday, let’s combine the two, shall we?
1. You, because you visit this blog.
2. You, because sometimes you click “like.”
3. You, because sometimes you leave a comment.
4. Anyone who supports my writing.
5. My 4th grade teacher, who inspired me to become a writer in the first place. (Have I mentioned her before? I am mentioning her again. I love you, Mrs. Chrytzer!)
6. My 11th grade English teacher, who recognized my love of writing and shaped it by saying, “I think you should major in English in college. That would be perfect for you.” (And I did, and it was.)
7. My mother, who shaped my love of writing and storytelling from the beginning by telling the most marvelous stories and introducing comic books and fairy tales into the lives of her daughters.
8. My creative writing professor in college, who taught me the value of research in fiction. It’s important!
9. My old college friend, who told me to stop using writer’s block as a crutch for not writing.
10. Music and art, for being the best friends this writer could ask for.
It’s Casual Friday here at the farm, so the details on what I’m wearing:
Skinny jeans, gifted to me by my sister. I was late to the skinny jeans thing, so, in actuality, she forced me to wear them. They’re nice. I’d like to happily report though that they’re now a bit loose. Time for new (skinny) jeans…
Cowl neck blouse – this may have come from Mom’s cloest. Love cowl necks. You can’t really tell from the photos, though. Plus, I tend to pull up the cowl part, which hangs a bit low, to prevent the entire office from seeing the world up top, if you get mah drift…
Silver chain, Avenue – they have terrific accessories. Got this one on sale.
Cream Crystal Studded Beret, Claire’s – one of the purchases I made when I did this three weeks ago.
Standard Black Boots – the usual. I live in these things.
Bon weekend, all!