#30: Guess who was super busy yesterday and the day went by without the next to last blog entry for Blogtober?
So, yeah, we forgot. Buuuuut…
#31: We Did It!
A whole month of talking to y’all everyday about my favorite season in some way, shape, or form. A whole month of appreciating each and every one of you who read, commented, liked, and lovingly followed me. A whole month of realizing that I can be way regular on this platform, far more than I have been, and that I thoroughly enjoy every second here on This Square Peg.
Happy Fall, Y’all. Happy awesome month of Blogtober. Happy Autumn. Happy Reading. Happy Blogging. Take time to walk down a leaf-covered road and enjoy every minute of it.
Onwards and Autumn-wards.
As promised, I debuted my new fall lippie at the office today. And pic’ed it. See below.
Shall we break down why Smoked Purple is a winner for me?
1. It’s matte, but it goes on so smooth for me. Sure, a bit of balm helps before applying but I find it really easy to slide on.
2. The color. That smoky, dark, moody look is parfait for fall/winter.
3. Even with eating and drinking throughout the day, it pretty much stayed intact.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.
Your turn: any new makeup hauls/finds/fall lewks in your world? Let me know, pretty please?
Guess who went to the mall today…
Yes, I did a tiny bit of Sunday shopping.
(1) Cat eye sunnies from New York & Company
(2) New lipstick and lip liner from MAC: Smoked Purple and Nightmoth, respectively. (The saleslady was slick; she heard me saying that I had no intention of purchasing makeup and then sweetly asked me to try on the lippie above to see if what I “thought” about it. Hook–line–sinker. That smoked purple. Y’all? A beauty. Pics coming tomorrow.
It’s a gorgeous day. It’s edible and gorgeous and autumnal and even warmer here than the season calls for. Enjoy your Saturday, wherever you are.
That lovely, crisp, autumnal breeze in the atmosphere? It’s wonderful. And also very, very dangerous.
This morning, as I trudged into work and settled myself at my desk, I noticed something as I was typing away on my keyboard. Something that took my breath away.
My knuckles were ashy. Like gray. The abject horror of it all.
Here’s the thing: I don’t play when it comes to lotion. Your Square Peg is a connoisseur of moisturized skin. I don’t leave my house without the epidermis gleaming from whatever silky lotion or oil I’ve decided to apply. Especially when it comes to these hands, which is the first thing folks see, other than the face. So the discovery of these ashy knuckles–and the skin between my fingers, my goodness–was like, whaaaaattttttttt?
And that’s the thing: the cool breeze comes bearing dubious gifts. Dry skin, dry limbs, the whole ashy shebang. whenever we’re outside and subject to the elements. (Even that beautiful, heated atmosphere in the home can be a little intense for the skin.) How can we counter it? A few things I plan on doing more of, although apparently at least one of them didn’t work this morning:
- Lotion it up. I have lotion on my desk at work, in my handbag, wherever I go. Take the time to apply some on your hands, face, wherever you’re susceptible to starting a brush fire with your skin. Yikes.
- Extra facial moisture. So this morning was a struggle, which may explain why some things fell by the wayside. But as I was driving in and applying makeup on my face (be ye not judgmental; I’ve actually gotten better at not doing this, dear reader), I noticed some dry spots on my face. So yeah, I plan on upping my skin care game for real during this time of year.
- Brush your lips. I don’t know where I read this, but one way to counter the peeling of skin on the lips (something that happens to me a lot), is to gently brush them with a toothbrush. Exfoliating for the win. I also just read that a bit of Vaseline or lip balm on the lips first and then brushing is even better. Don’t brush hard, y’all. Do this one at your own risk. I’m not a doctor or an esthetician, but I play one on TV. (I just googled and there are plenty of lip scrubs out there. Research!)
And remember: all skin is capable of ashiness. All. Skin. Just a friendly reminder.
Happy Monday, y’all. Upwards and onwards and skinwards.
After three weeks of rain, this weekend welcomed that sky and that glow below. Photos taken by yours truly from her couch, as she takes in the lovely, dry day. Happy Sunday.
Hey y’all. As you can imagine, with temps in the 40s and 50s around here in Somewheres, Texas (which is hardly seasonal; we should be around the 60s and bit of 70s, for the most part, but I certainly am not complaining), the pulling out of coats and sweaters and boots and scarves is in full swing. In that vein, here’s what I wore to the office today:
- Sweater, Burlington Coat Factory: Lovely, no? Especially with the detail on the back with all the bows, which is essentially why I purchased it. Plus the color yellow makes me happy and allows the red hair to pop more than usual. Win win. And can I say that BCF has really stepped up its game? I saw some other really chic pieces that I happily bought and will be sharing on here, as well.
- Slacks that Fit Me Really Well, A Store I Can’t Remember: I wish the photo showed you just how awesome the fit is on these pants. Being a consumer of ill-fitting pants (I feel like they subconsciously call out to my soul in the store), this was a great purchase. Nice fit, great price, shows off the gams, yay.
- Booties, DSW/JC Penney/Ross?: I’ll do a better job of noting where some of these things have been purchased. Of course, I’ve had some pieces for years and years, so…yeah. These booties came to me last year, though, and they’re super comfortable. The chunky heel makes it easier to walk around the office, too. Because we all know that some shoes are wonderful until you bring them to the office and the ground suddenly feels like hard, unforgiving cement that is determined to ruin your feet for the rest of all time. Do they look cowboy-y? Have I assimilated?
- Makeup: Ruby Woo. That’s all that matters.
Pretty simple, fits my don’t-stress-me-out-please general rule of thumb for fashion, but still fits my personal feminine/chic aesthetic.
Happy Autumn Wednesday. We’re almost halfway there…
Some of the upcoming temperatures in my little corner of Texas for the next few days. I’d do a cartwheel, but the way my knees are set up…
Needless to say, super excited for the impending cooler breeze in the atmosphere.
Happy Monday, Autumnites…
You’re welcome, mon petit chou.
Two weeks ago, I decided to make a change to welcome fall. Shall we?
Yes, she’s a redhead now. This lovely shade that I love so will remain until the gray hairs, lying dormant for now, decide to engage in their usual Terminator-like uprisings and rebellion. Until then: I greet autumn with this fresh, new color.