Curious about how This Square Peg energizes for the day? *Or whether she actually gets energized for the day? Read about my morning routine below…
- My alarm is set for 6AM. I turn it off and then sleep until 630AM. It is what it is.
- After the usual morning things, I hop into a scalding hot shower (I don’t know about you, but there’s something about almost third-degree burn water temperature that just wakes me up) and, based of having shared a bathroom with all of my siblings for several years, am out of there less than 6 minutes later.
- Applying lotion and/or oil is the highlight after a scalding hot shower. It fills the room with lovely scents and aromas.
- I quickly brush my teeth and then wash my face. Because I intentionally woke up 30 minutes late and am now rushing.
- Nine times out of ten, I plan my outfits the night before. So after the skincare/beauty regiment ends, I head to the closet and quickly get dressed.
- If I don’t have a protective style, I quickly take out my twists and/or puff the hair. (Sometimes I do this while “sitting”, if you get my drift, particularly when I have twists in.) If I do have a protective style (yes, please, because it takes forever to take out twists and style), I just fluff and it’s done.
- I head to the kitchen and make a sandwich for lunch. Like a 10 year-old, I prefer peanut butter on wheat bread, no jelly.
- I’m out the door after determining, via my heavily used weather app, if I need a scarf or light coat or heavy coat for the bipolar Texas weather.
- Drive to work.
- If I feel like it, I quickly put on makeup at stoplights. So if you’re behind me, I apologize, but this Ruby Woo needs to go on these lips and I didn’t have time to do that at home.
As you can see, quick, easy, we’re done. What’s your morning routine? I’d like details. The comment box can handle it.
*I don’t get energized until 9pm. So there you go.
P.S.: are you wondering if I eat breakfast? I do. TSP’s belly won’t stand for all of that. I tend to grab breakfast at my job or roll by Starbucks on the way into the office, if I have time…which I most likely don’t. And if you’re also wondering if I actually get into the office on time? I actually do. The wonders of only working 10 minutes from home.