Let’s allow the song (incredible) and its lyrics (poignantly on the mark) to speak for themselves. And to speak for me.
That’s how I describe the air in a museum. It’s just a wholly amazing atmosphere and I’m always here for it. Yesterday, my girls and I headed downtown into Dallas and I finally, finally visited the Dallas Museum of Art. I’ve lived here for two years and have been aiming to go ever since I arrived in this town, and life happened, but I’m happy to say that it all came to pass. It was exhilarating. Yes, I’m one of those people that stands in front of artwork and wildly gesticulates as she describes brush strokes and archetypes and symbols and rococo and so on and so forth. A slideshow of my pics from the artistic afternoon await you below (look for the Ghanaian artifacts, as well).
Bon Monday. Do you love museums and galleries and art, oh my? Let me know in the comments below…
Three days, huh? Let’s investigate my brief Blogvember absence.
I hung up new artwork for l’appartement. This lovely French sign means flower market. It’s not particularly centered, but just take comfort that my use of a hammer (!!!!) didn’t result in the loss of my sweet fingers.
That’s all she Square pegged. Hope you had a fanstastic weekend and welcome to Monday.
Thought I’d share some of my needs when it comes to decorating my new apartment, which has become quite comfortable but still lacks some of the niceties and touches that I think would make it feel more like home. To that end, below are some of ideas I’ve pinned on my “mon espace” (my space) board on Pinterest.
The living room is the centerpiece of the a home, in my opinion. I want a place that’s both cozy and cool, both modern and magnificent. Out of the three, the last pin is my favorite. And can we say #chandeliergoals?
Lastly, I’m a huge lover of natural hair and African-inspired artwork and want several pieces in my home. Here are a few of my favorite “Fro Art” pins.
What’s your decorating style?
…I don’t know what it is about Parisian doors.
Maybe it’s the promise of all the macarons that await me inside?
Could it be the handsome homme who awaits me inside, armed with the yummy crepes that he made me for brunch?
Or maybe it’s the lovely architecture of the les portes themselves, so artistic and majestic and ready to be captured on film so they can be adored long after I have reluctantly departed from them?
One can only guess. During my February trip to Paris, I took a few photos of said doors. Here are some of them.
…Les petites lovers of art at the Louvre.
I love this into infinity.
1. You, because you visit this blog.
2. You, because sometimes you click “like.”
3. You, because sometimes you leave a comment.
4. Anyone who supports my writing.
5. My 4th grade teacher, who inspired me to become a writer in the first place. (Have I mentioned her before? I am mentioning her again. I love you, Mrs. Chrytzer!)
6. My 11th grade English teacher, who recognized my love of writing and shaped it by saying, “I think you should major in English in college. That would be perfect for you.” (And I did, and it was.)
7. My mother, who shaped my love of writing and storytelling from the beginning by telling the most marvelous stories and introducing comic books and fairy tales into the lives of her daughters.
8. My creative writing professor in college, who taught me the value of research in fiction. It’s important!
9. My old college friend, who told me to stop using writer’s block as a crutch for not writing.
10. Music and art, for being the best friends this writer could ask for.
It’s Casual Friday here at the farm, so the details on what I’m wearing:
Skinny jeans, gifted to me by my sister. I was late to the skinny jeans thing, so, in actuality, she forced me to wear them. They’re nice. I’d like to happily report though that they’re now a bit loose. Time for new (skinny) jeans…
Cowl neck blouse – this may have come from Mom’s cloest. Love cowl necks. You can’t really tell from the photos, though. Plus, I tend to pull up the cowl part, which hangs a bit low, to prevent the entire office from seeing the world up top, if you get mah drift…
Silver chain, Avenue – they have terrific accessories. Got this one on sale.
Standard Black Boots – the usual. I live in these things.
Bon weekend, all!