A mouthful of a title, no? But let’s go over fourteen facts about yours truly that I likely haven’t discussed on TSP. I should say that I don’t tell y’all everything, because the Internet, but these are fun and/or interesting factoids (to me, anyway) that I don’t mind sharing.
1. Naturalistas will know what this is referring to, but I don’t hair-type my strands. I have about three different textures on this head so I’d be three different hair types, for one, and two: I don’t see the point of categorizing my hair. Some say the hair types help determine what products to use but look: the hair journey is allll about finding the right products. Being 3A, 5Z, whatevs won’t change that. (And some folks assign a level of “difficulty” based on the hair type. I don’t care for that. All hair is good hair. Work with what ya got.)
2. Needles. But for why? The fear is real.
3. My kingdom for a bagel. I first experienced true bagels in New York City when I was a young TSP, and nothing will ever live up to NYC bagels, but there are close seconds. A longtime favorite.
4. She doesn’t know how to roller skate, ice skate, or ride a bike. Perhaps my parents knew that I would rally against the loss of being on solid ground. I love solid ground.
5. I speak in my characters’ voices when I’m writing a story. Helps craft them better. Plus it’s fun.
6. I will forever associate Harrison Ford with Han Solo and Indiana Jones, and for those reasons, I’m prepared to love him forever.
7. Ocean life is so creepy to me. It just is. 😳
8. I watch reruns of Law and Order every single day. This is not an exaggeration. (The original, not SVU or CI.)
9. My obsession with ice cream sandwiches culminated when, in the 8th grade, my banker told me that I owed her $14 (14 shows up again) for borrowing the money to buy said sandwiches during lunch. I sadly informed her that my 13 year-old self had no money. What a moment. She dismissed the fee. *exhale*
10. Favorite superhero is Superman. I mean, can you blame me? (Christopher Reeve and Henry Cavill, in case you’re wondering.)
11. I once got locked in a restaurant bathroom. The door got stuck and I couldn’t get out. My sis and her friend had to jimmy the door. There may have been screaming.
12. Pinterest is literally serotonin for me, if you haven’t noticed. I adore pinning. I think the combination of bulletin boards and lovely inspo is what does it for me. Smiles galore.
13. I had to Google what “lol” meant when it became a popular abbreviation. I verbed (not a word) it at first. “Why are people lol-ing?”
14. Oxford comma? Yes, yes, and yes. (See what I did there?)
Thanks for stopping by Fun Fact-ville.