So AMEX has this new card geared toward the harried multi-taskers of the wold, aka, moms. I’m not a mom, and I dare not apply for an American Express card (I envision a decline letter coming back with 1,000 LOLs), but I love Tina’s list above of 20 aspects of her life/days as a mom. So here’s are 20 facts and tidbits about me, most of which are a bit more expansive than a typical day in my life. Because you were curious about yours truly, right? Riiiight?
What’s My 20?
- I love the number 12. My government name equals 12 letters and that makes me very happy. Don’t ask me why. It just seems so definite, 12. And I love that.
- When my sister and I came to this country, we inexplicably thought that African-Americans drank Coke and Caucasians drank Sprite. Imagine the shock when one of our play uncles offered us Sprite. (We drank it, though. And felt rebellious.)
- I wrote my first story when I was 12/13. It was about three girls taking a road trip. Because I’m slightly a hoarder, it might still be in my room. Oh, God.
- I’m not entirely sure I figured out how to tie my shoelaces.
- Or learned how to tell non-digital clock time.
- My favorite singer, of all time, of all time, is James Taylor. We will discuss my beloved in a future post.
- My first ride on an escalator, at JFK Airport, age 8, was filled with screams, tears, and my parents repeatedly telling me that I wouldn’t be sucked into the moving steps. I still give escalators the side eye. And hold on for dear life.
- I’m one of those look-at-the-moving-floors-in-an-elevator people.
- But I do enjoy people watching, on an extremely grand scale. Less so in enclosed spaces, though, like the elevator.
- Couples fascinate me. Whether happy or not or viciously whispering under their breaths to hide their arguing in public, I get a real creative boon from twosomes. Families, too. Really, the nuances of how people relate to each other is captivating.
- I don’t know how to swim, roller skate, ice skate, or do anything that isn’t on good old reliable solid ground.
- I once met Michael Buble and nearly fell to my death in his tour bus. He saved me from falling. Good times.
- I think African food, arguably, is the best food on planet Earth. Yes, it is.
- Somehow, being born the year Grease was released and a year after the release of Saturday Night Fever makes me an eternal fan of John Travolta, the Bee Gees, and disco music.
- Speaking of music, I thoroughly love music much older than me. Aside from being a square peg, I’ve been called an old soul more than once.
- Need general trivia? Silly, useless facts? Right here.
- My parents gifted me with my faith, an enduring love of the arts, storytelling, and comic books. Best gifts ever.
- Speaking of family, I have the most hilarious family of all time. We’re missing one, my dear father, but are hopeful for the future.
- Best advice from Mom: Always keep your dignity. Whatever happens in life, I try to hold on to that.
- This was kinda hard!
The End. What’s your 20?